Skip to content

Help with a Federal Agency

Help with a Federal Agency

Gary’s office stands ready to help you understand your rights and responsibilities related to various federal programs and help you work through a problem you may have with a federal agency. Acting as a liaison between you and the federal government, our staff can often help you answer questions, find resources or resolve problems.
Due to the separation of powers, Senator Peter's office is unable to assist with problems not related to federal agencies, such as judicial or state matters.

See below for common state & local resources. 

If you need help, please click on the casework link below to fill out the form. If your issue is specifically related to immigration and USCIS then click on that link instead.

If you’d prefer to print the form and return it to our office, the downloadable casework and immigration/USCIS forms are below.

State and Local Resources

Here are some common non-federal issues, and information on where to go for help:

Family Independence Agency (includes Child Protective Services, Medicaid and financial assistance): Contact your State Representative, State Senator, or FIA directly.

Friend of the Court (child support, visitation, and custody): Unless it is an interstate child support case, please contact your State legislators or the State Court Administrator's Office, Friend of the Court Bureau at (517) 373-4835.

Legal issues involving either the state or federal judiciary: In these cases, you may wish to contact an attorney. The State Bar of Michigan operates an attorney referral service, which you can access by calling (800) 968-0738. Some services may be available free or at reduced costs for low-income persons.

Unemployment: The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) administers the unemployment insurance program that provides temporary financial assistance to individuals who become unemployed through no fault of their own. Contact your State Representative, State Senator, or UIA directly.

Use the links below to look up your State Senator and State Representative:

Michigan House of Representatives Website: Find Your Representative

Michigan Senate’s Website: Find Your Senator

Additional Resources:

Michigan 2-1-1 is an easy way to connect with help of all kinds, right in your community. Call, text, or search online and we’ll get you connected. 

988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or visit the Lifeline Chat to connect with a trained crisis counselor.